Thursday, August 18, 2011

Commitment Can Be a Process





















I get asked a lot of questions about how I transformed my body. People ask me about what I eat, which exercises I do and how often etc. These are all valid questions, but the question I very rarely get asked is about my commitment. My dedication as well as how I viewed my journey, was the most crucial and critical step in my transformation and still is today.

The truth is I am not perfect. Yes, I have pretty pictures of myself in a bathing suit etc. But I used to have cellulite and after my pregnancies lets just say the stretch mark fairy graced me with her not so magical wand. My self esteem was down in the dumps. I never dreamed in a million years that I would be modeling again, all I wanted to do was fit into my jeans. After failed attempts with diet pills (which I advise people NOT to take) and fad diets, I almost gave up...yeah me...the lady who now sweats puddles on her garage floor and preaches NO EXCUSES almost gave up. But there was a piece of me that would not take no for an answer.

I remember seeing beautiful mommies with sculpted arms, tight buns, and 6 pack abs; and I thought for sure that was a result of lipo, or was it? I wanted that body. Why couldn't I be a hot mommy? Why couldn't I have energy to take care of my kids and my home? The answer did not exist in a potion or pill...but within ME. This is where my relationship with commitment began. :)

The truth is that all of the BeachBody programs in the world would have never pulled me out of my funk if my head wasn't right. If I had not listened to that voice that said "give it one more try, there has got to be a way," then I would probably be beyond a size 12, and taking those cholesterol meds I was on the verge of taking 2 years ago. My point? If you change the way you think about your obstacles, those obstacles will transform into challenges...challenges that you will gladly crush, with COMMITMENT. It doesn't happen over night. I fell down countless times. I binged...missed a few workouts...bitched...cried. Then I thought about what I really wanted and why. I got back up and went for it. I'm still not done and happy to be on this journey.

Commitment is a process. It doesn't always happen instantly. Sometimes you may have to re-define your journey, your goals, and your path. But if you keep pushing forward it will be worth it. Enjoy the process. Don't aim for perfection, but progress, even if it is just 5lbs at a time. Now that I've lost all of the pregnancy pounds...I'm onto my next fit journey and committed! :)

2 comments:

  1. Great post Lindsay. You are an inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Jenn. The people whom I inspire also make me want to keep it up...it is a powerful thing. =)

    ReplyDelete