Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Eliminating Poison From Your Life



I truly feel that getting in shape has done more for me than just shrinking my waistline. I believe that fitness has built my personal character. I feel stronger emotionally. I have learned to cut out the negativity from my life (at least what I can). If there is someone in my life that is poisonous to my spirit, then that person doesn't need to be a part of my life. Some people may be unhappy with me for my choice, however it is a necessary one for me. Negative people are like poison, and eventually if you are surrounded by those people enough it will rub off on you, wearing you down. I feel the need to pray for people that don't have a positive light in their life, but I still choose to distance myself from them. 'Nuff said. ;)

There are other poisons that I have personally chosen to eliminate from my life. Such poisons go beyond negative people. I have chosen to eliminate alcohol from my life as well. It is a personal choice and one I had to make on my own. I have chosen to live a clean lifestyle, which doesn't mean I judge others for choosing to drink...but it means that I know what alcohol does to my body and I choose not to consume this poison. I would consider myself a weekend drinker, having a few drinks with friends and family to "unwind". Then the weekend drinking turned into having a few drinks during the week after a stressful day. Before I knew it I was waking up feeling tired after 8 hours of sleep, bloated, and putting weight back on. I have decided a fit life full of healthy lifestyle choices is the life for me. A clear mind and a clean body is where I'm at and how I want to live out my life. This is the legacy I want to leave, filled with positive healthy choices and setting an example for others to follow. Ok that was deep...;)


No comments:

Post a Comment