Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Under Construction

So just like my ever changing body, this blog is also "under construction". I want it to be kind of my fitness diary painting a picture of both my triumphs, struggles, helpful tips and more. I think that a blog should be informative but REAL. I want this to be a no nonsense approach to my life.

So today's entry..."Under Construction." ;)

I am officially Under Construction. Mind, body and soul. December was one hell of a month for me. I won't say it was "bad", because what's bad? Having no food is bad. Not having a home is bad...cancer is bad. So I won't say last month was bad, I will say it was a bit of a challenge for me. It was not my best month. Between modeling gigs that went awry to the craziness of family issues and the stressors of the holidays...when January 1st rolled around I admit to feeling fried.

All I really wanted was an umbrella drink and a beach chair far away. However, the reality of it is, that I'm a mommy with responsibilities. I have a home to take care of, meals to cook, bed time stories to read. I also have customers and friends seeking my fitness advice. I have photo shoots to go on. I have dreams. An escape would be nice, but not possible. So the first of the year, I found myself stressed and about 4lbs heavier due to the holiday indulgences. Instead of hiding under that rock that I wanted so badly to befriend, I decided to challenge myself to a 6 week body transformation. I really want to track my fitness progress on this blog as well as facebook. It helps me to hold myself accountable and hopefully it will inspire others as well.

Right now I'm on Day #3. I am holding my own, sore as hell though. My hamstrings are the culprit of me walking like I just got off of a horse. But I love it, every single second. I am pushing myself harder than before. I feel less stressed and December is barely a memory, more like a learning lesson. I have a potential photo shoot this weekend. Fish and veggies start tomorrow to lean out my core. I'm taking it day by day. Organizing all areas of my crazy life and appreciating even the parts that are less than perfect. Fitness gets a girl to thinking. Definitely, "Under Construction." Day #4 can you handle this? ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment